This Las Vegas Publicity Stunt Has Legs
This blog loves it an unadulterated Las Vegas publicity stunt. Adulterated, even better, but let’s move on.
This week’s Sin City-sized publicity juggernaut comes courtesy of the showgirls of “Jubilee!” at Bally’s Las Vegas.
Apparently, these toothsome performers are miffed about the resort fees charged by many Las Vegas hotels. In fact, they say as much in the video below. We know they can walk with 35-pound headdresses, but lets see if showgirls also have some acting chops.
What have we learned from this video?
1) Las Vegas showgirls are surprisingly passionate about resort fees and fiscal responsibility.
2) Showgirl Jackie’s friends decided not to visit Las Vegas because of resort fees. Jackie clearly needs to re-evaluate her circle of friends. There are any number of hotels that have no resort fees. Basically, they’re the ones we yammer on endlessly about in this blog. Here’s a list.
3) According to one shapely showgirl, “What you see is what you get.” Hint: This is just a figure of speech, so don’t get your hopes up, guys.
4) Occasionally, showgirls apply lipstick even though they’re already wearing lipstick. (Oh, like you weren’t going to watch it again, anyway.)
5) “Something really should be done about hotels that charge resort fees.”
In that spirit, about 50 “Jubilee!” showgirls will be out in full force on July 21, at 9:00 a.m., for a publicity stunt-stravaganza (not a real word) in front of Bally’s. Also expected to attend the rally are celebrity guests including Rio Las Vegas headliners, Penn & Teller.
If you can’t make it to the rally, we suspect this blog will take lots of photos on your behalf. Did we mention there will be 50 showgirls?
Go here to find out more about resort fees and why they make Las Vegas showgirls so surly.