Top 10 French Translations at Paris Vegas
When they say “Everything’s Sexier at Paris,” they’re not kidding.
The other day, we were checking our hair in one of the immaculate Paris Las Vegas restrooms, when we heard what sounded like one of those classic “learn to speak French” instructionalÂ tapes playing over the P.A. system. What a great idea. But it got better…
The very serious announcer said, “Listen carefully for phrases you’ll find useful here at Paris Las Vegas.” Too good. Custom translations!
If you’ve never heard them, you’re missing out. These faux (we think that’s a French term, come to think of it) French translations are sassy and funny, doubly so because they’re so well done and catch you by surprise.
Here, then, are our 10 favorite phrases translated into French on the P.A. system at Paris Las Vegas.
1. “How do I get this glitter off my clothes?”
2. “I shaved my legs for this?”
3. “You know what? Your clothes would look great on my bedroom floor.”
4. “Wow, are those real?”
5. “Can I buy you a drink, or do you just want the money?”
6. “I’m never drinking again.”
7. “I lost my number, can I have yours?”
8. “If my husband calls, I’m not here. If the pool boy calls, I’m here.”
9. “Has anyone seen my panties?”
10. “Oh, BLEEP, where is my wedding ring?”
Note: “Bleep” sounds exactly the same in English and French. Who knew?
By the way, you can actually purchase that great cake topper at Paris. But only if you have a sense of humor. Because the folks at Paris clearly do!