7 Spicy Las Vegas Cinco de Mayo Fiestas
Drinking holidays aren’t lost on Las Vegas. In fact, the Strip features some of the most scorching parties and deals around when it comes to revelrous holidays such as the upcoming Cinco de Mayo.
Chayo Mexican Kitchen + Tequila Bar, The LINQ’s go-to south-of-the-border restaurant, is the prime party spot come this weekend. Expect a non-stop, tequila-fueled fiesta running from Saturday-Monday, complete with rides on its mechanical bull (plus contests), DJs and food and drink specials. Refuel with the savory specialties Mexico City-born Executive Chef Ernesto Zendejas is cooking up for the occasion. Take your turn at the piñata to win coveted prizes for LINQ and Caesars Entertainment offerings. The celebration culminates on Monday, May 5 as the party turns into 98.5 KLUC’s official Cinco de Mayo bash starting at 5:30 p.m. One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor!
$8 Corona and Sauza Blue tequila shot
$7 shots of Patrón Tequila
$5 house made margaritas
$5 Coronas, Pacífico, Negra Modelo and Modelo Especial
(Valid from when the restaurant opens at 11 a.m. until the last bull ride.)
$13-$15 for free authentic Mexican street tacos:
Choice of crispy fish with cilantro mayo; lobster topped with chipotle mayo; pulled chicken topped with chipotle sauce; carnitas complemented by Mexican herbs; and grilled rib eye served with cascabel sauce.
$9 to $16:
Guacamole topped with pomegranate seeds and served with pork rinds or tortilla chips; pork sopes made with chorizo and queso fresco; quesadilla frita with Oaxaca cheese and poblano peppers; tostadas served with marinated pulled pork and black beans; and a chicken torta adorned with avocado and queso fresco.
Even more Las Vegas Cinco de Mayo events
Why party at only one place? Celebrate all over the Strip! We rounded up the best comidas y bebidas for your fiesta.
High Roller, The LINQ
• Las Bebidas: Complimentary Patron tequila tasting
Talk about a party in the sky! From 6 p.m. – 9 p.m., shake things up and enjoy Cinco de Mayo like never before with tequila tasting in your pod. There will be two bar cabins available, with loading times every 15 minutes. Tequila is free, so you’ll only have to pay the High Roller admission fee. In the spirit of Cinco de Mayo, the wheel will shine bright in red, white and green - the colors of the Mexican flag. Check in for the Patron tasting at the High Roller’s main lobby. The last tasting cabin departs at 8:30 p.m.
Yard House, The LINQ
• Aperitivos: Guacamole and chips, chicken nachos, shrimp ceviche
• Las Comidas: Street taco plates with a side of spice rice and beans. Choices include Baja fish, grilled Korean beef, Asada, blackened swordfish and carnitas, to name a few.
• Las Bebidas: Salted watermelon margarita, pomegranate margarita or the Silver Mule – 1800 Silver Tequila, house-made ginger citrus agave blend, aromatic bitters.
PBR Rock Bar & Grill at Planet Hollywood (Miracle Mile Shops)
• Las Bebidas: $5 Tequila shots
• Las Comidas: Personalized nachitos for $5
Cabo Wabo Cantina at Planet Hollywood (Miracle Mile Shops)
• Las Bebidas: 24-ounce daiquiri in red, white and green ($19); and Dos Equis beer buckets ($21)
The Cinco de Mayo events begin Friday, May 2 at noon.
Yolös Mexican Grill at Planet Hollywood
• Aperitivos: Blue corn coconut shrimp, drunken chicken nachos, empanadas and Queso Fundido – melted Oaxaca cheese topped with chorizo, mushrooms and poblano chile (served with flour tortillas); and a variety of street tacos, enchiladas and fajitas.
• Las Comidas: Mahi-Mahi with fingerling potatoes, asparagus and crab salpicon; Arrachera – grilled skirt steak with papas bravas, cilantro crème and chimichurri
• Las Bebidas: Tequila shots or margaritas ($5); 24-ounce daiquiri in red, white and green ($19); and Dos Equis beer buckets ($21). There are also 60 different kinds of tequilas to choose from.
Tequila Bar and Grill at Bally’s Las Vegas
• Aperitivos: The signature El Jefe’s Nachos Grande – freshly fried corn chips with chicken or beef layered with refried beans, cheese sauce, queso fresco, jalapeños, tomatoes and green onions. Served with guacamole, sour cream and pico de gallo. No wonder they call it, “The Boss.”
• Las Comidas: Tequila Bar Hippie Wrap, Southwestern tortilla soup, Loco Bueno chicken wings and shrimp, chicken or beef quesadillas.
• Las Bebidas: Tons – where do we start? Sip on the Corona’Rita – frozen margarita with an inverted Corona Extra. For something adventurous, try the Drink like a fish, Fish Bowls. Priced at $29, enjoy an Electric Lemonade, Fiesta Margarita or Tequila Sunrise.
Carlos ‘n Charlie’s at Flamingo Las Vegas
• Aperitivos: Nachos the Mayan Pyramid, Ceviche Acapulco and Diablo chicken wings.
• Las Comidas: World Famoso Fajitas in chicken, beef, shrimp; BBQ Chipotle dishes (ribs, chicken, pork or shrimp) and enough burritos, chimichangas, tacos and enchiladas and fajitas to last a lifetime. Go festive and munch on the Burrito Charlie’s – carne asada, chicken, chorizo, all in one!
• Las Bebidas: Frozen house margaritas. Indulge and try the 34-ounce Big Mama frozen drink.
– Jeannie Garcia
Tags: cinco de mayo